Prenatal Lactation & Newborn Care Consultation
This package is essentially a Private Lactation & Newborn Care class, designed to meet your individual needs. Options include:
Prenatal Lactation-based Support:
- A physical exam, including screening for flat or inverted nipples, breast changes during pregnancy and early signs of colostrum production
- Discussion of the realities of nursing, and exploration of any emotional, logistical, or other challenges that may arise.
- Breastfeeding Education, including the supplies that may be needed, the best locations and set-up for a successful nursing relationship, what to expect and how to latch and nurse the baby optimally after birth.
Prenatal Newborn Care-based Support:
- Review of what supplies may be needed, ideal set-up of baby's nursery, care and play spaces, tips on safety and ease of use.
- Newborn Care Education, including diapering, swaddling, bathing, trimming nails, holding in various positions and transferring person-to-person, what to expect after birth, soothing, sleep, and various other topics.
Because this service is based on client's needs and choices, the fee is hourly rather than per visit. The hourly rate is $75, with a minimum of 2 hours per visit. This visit takes place in the client's home, and may include any combination of the above services.