Join us and learn how to care for your newborn from those very first moments after birth, so that you can enter this new phase of your life confident and ready to begin!
An experiential class, each member in our intimate group setting will receive personalized instruction and hands-on training in how to care for their new baby. Members will leave feeling more familiar with newborn qualities and behaviors, and ready to tailor their new-found skills to their own newborn's unique needs.
In this thorough 4 hour Newborn Care class participants will learn:
- Interpreting baby's cues
- Cord care & newborn health
- Sleep patterns & what to expect
- What to expect immediately after the birth
- Tummy time, baby wearing & kangaroo care
- Jaundice and other common newborn conditions
- Choosing a pediatrician & knowing when to call them
- When to feed the baby & how to know they're getting enough
- Supplies for bathing, diapering, nail trimming, skin care & more
- How to bond more deeply, improve your sleep & learn to trust your parenting instincts
... And will receive hands-on instruction in:
- Diapering (cloth, compostable & disposable)
- Holding baby & transferring them person to person
- Bathing, nail trimming, the Colic Dance & other skills
- Clothing (what to buy, how to wash it and what to bring the baby home in!)
If the birthing parent is partnered, both parents are strongly encouraged to attend.
Offered monthly at Carmel Blue in San Francisco.
For dates, times, fees and to register, please click on the button below.